Friday, March 18, 2011

thoughts...

I had some down time, and I wanted to write. It has been way too long.

Right now, in my life, I am standing on God's word. It seems like everyone around me is trying to figure out what they want to do, or become, or where to go to school, or how they can keep themselves busy with this project or that internship.

I feel at times that I am placed right in the middle of everyone's plans. I'm not upset, or angry, its just sometimes it feels as if everyone around me is in a rush to get somewhere or be something or someone. We feel like, we always have to upgrade. The old is never good enough, the now is not cool anymore. So we move on to the next thing. We stay busy with plans and goals to reach some point that ultimately becomes another building block so we can make more plans and goals, to reach this platform I guess that will in turn satisfy us in the end?

I don't agree with not having plans, or goals. If that were the case, we would never get anything done. I am simply saying that in my life, I work a career full-time, and I serve the kingdom of God (it feels like I'm part time at the church.) I am content with where I'm at. I stay busy with work, and church. I love my down time. I'm not worried about my future, or stressing about what I'm going to do. The college terms aren't in my vocabulary, degree's, scholarships, grad school. Most of the people I am around day to day are. So, sometimes I feel out of place because I'm not in a rush too, or that I'm not in this school or that school. I think some of us almost make it a competition among us. School is great, if you can afford it and work hard at it. But who gives all their time to making A's? Very few.

This culture is dangerous. America makes it all about you and I. It sets us up to be selfish, self willed, self minded about everything. "Do it yourself" "Fix it your self" "Have it your way" "Build your future."

What happened to trusting in God? To waiting on Him?

Its not supposed to be about us, or what we can build our self. The last time we tried building something for our self, God took away our ability to communicate, causing us to stop the process of our project, our life.

We cannot be God. We can't have it all.

"Don't be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few."

We need to Trust in God. In order to find out what to do, we have to know WHO we are, then we can know what to do.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Fathers house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."

He goes and prepares a place for us. The job isn't ours.

2 comments:

Tim Smith said...

Resting in God so good! I was spoiled by God over Spring Break, and since coming back to school, I see the rush everywhere, and I feel it around me too. But I feel like the only thing I have been rushing to since I have been here is the Rest. All I want to do is be in that place of contentment. God and I and a future unknown.

You sounded like a hippy there for a second, and I totally understand.. I want to live in God's timing..

keljoack said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! I want some of that. Thanks for everything you do!